Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wild white Christmas



I was working Christmas Day, not dreaming of a white Christmas at all. I just wanted to finish up and drive back up the mountain to our cabin by the river. About 10 miles from home, I noticed that the light rain had change in consistency and my rear tires began to spin a little on Hwy. 64.

It got better. The road became white and the light drizzle became a pretty good snowstorm.

It was white knuckle driving all the way...10 very long and twisty miles ... up the mountain.

A little late for mos t folks up there, but I had about an hour of white Christmas. There was still some on the ground in the morning, enough to make it pretty.

I caught a bunch of trout and was having quite a time until Mrs. Koontz suggested I drive to town for her.

By nightfall, the snow was gone.

No comments: