Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wild-looking rock church



Well, I really wanted to try and catch a few trout - I could spot the rings on the water's surface as we crossed a bridge - but Mrs. Koontz and I didn't have that much time to tarry, so we instead took a little hike beside the Davidson River to check out the little Methodist church adjacent to one of the campgrounds. The church was built with rocks from their surrounding area and is open each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for services, mostly for the campers.
There's more to the story, but the builders managed to spell out English Chapel with some of the rock, which they installed over the front entrance.
We saw a really huge vine by the path also. It was curved interestingly enough to make a perfect seat for tired hikers.
It was a nice day with a gentle breeze tossing falling leaves around like butterflies in the air. There was still some color left in the trees, but it's going fast further up the mountain.
I don't have any idea how good the fishing was Sunday, and I only spent a half hour Saturday fishing a couple of my favorite spots. The trout were out.

No comments: