Friday, June 13, 2008

Good weekend for fly fishing



This should be a good weekend for fly fishing for wild brown trout in the mountains of Transylvania or Haywood counties, my home stomping grounds.
I expect the first two rivers I pass driving home - the North Mills and the Davidson - will be packed with weekend anglers.
I won't stop.
I can find another creek with no one around.
Good news about the fish kill in the Davidson River a couple of weeks ago is that the spill did not get into the Catch and Release portion. The private waters downstream of the old paper mill were hit pretty hard, I hear, but all the big trout were not killed.
I thought that abandoned plant would be trouble when it closed and the new buyer showed no interest in getting the place back into production.
It was a hand grenade with the pin pulled, waiting to go off.

No comments: