Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fly fishing at the Davidson River



I suspect I am fishing right now (Sunday afternoon) at this bridge on the Davidson River where Looking Glass Creek meets the nationally-renown trout stream. While fishing from under this bridge last year in a driving rainstorm, I hooked into a monster fish who decided he would keep my black marabou muddler, along with a couple of feet of broken tippet.
Hope I get the chance to hook up with him again.
The little butterfly with the intense look in his eyes landed on my leg last week as I nursed a busted shin that looked far worse than it actually was. He hung around, landing and taking off and then landing on my leg again and again for a few minutes, then it was time to get up and go fish some more.
Today and Monday are not forecast to be good fishing days.
But any day on the river is a good one.

No comments: